One Bowl Protein Chocolate Chip Muffins - Fast & Easy

They're loaded with chocolate chips!
They're a generous size.
They get a nice crispy top.
I can't say enough good things about these muffins. I make them frequently because having a warm muffin oozing with chocolate chips delights me. In my younger years, I avoided carbs like the plague and was so worried I'd get fat I steered clear of anything remotely in the muffin family. Friends, that's no way to live. God gives us one life and one life only and every choice counts. Some choices count less than others. So when it comes to muffins, I choose to eat one and enjoy it.

The good thing is, these are pretty wholesome. They're low in sugar, have a good amount of protein and when pared with another protein friendly food, such as eggs, they're a nice breakfast. Or snack. They also have a nice amount of fiber in them, which will help keep you regular. Not to be TMI, but often when we increase protein, things don't "move" like they should. So it's a good idea to have some fiber with that protein source too. Not only is fiber helpful for digestion, but I've found it helps keep me full for longer too. Win - Win. 

I'm not about pilgrimage cooking in the mornings so it's great that these are easy to make and are composed of mainly pantry ingredients. Kodiak Cake Pancake mix is always in my cupboard because I use it for lots of things, like a no yeast high protein cinnamon roll

WHAT YOU NEED
  • One small bowl
  • Kitchen scale or a 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup measure and a tablespoon measurer. 
  • Kodiak cake pancake mix, stevia sweetened chocolate chips, Fairlife vanilla protein, sweetener, muffin liners.
SUBSTITUTIONS
  • Use skim milk or almond milk in place of Fairlife Vanilla Protein. 
  • If Fairlife Vanilla Protein is hard to find, you can use Premier Protein.
  • Any sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar will work.
COMPLETE YOUR PLATE
If you're looking for a more balanced meal and to increase your protein, I recommend serving this with some of my high protein eggs as well as having a piece of fruit. This will make this a more nutritious meal and will keep you fuller for longer. 

INCREASING PROTEIN
10g unflavored protein powder can be added to the recipe. This will give you 3.7g more protein and 18.5g more calories per muffin. I found the increase in protein makes the muffin drier but it's still very tasty. 

MAKE IT DIFFERENT
This is a great base recipe. Try substituting blueberries or a different stevia sweetened chip, such as caramel for the dark chocolate chips. 

MORE PROTEIN RECIPES:

LEFTOVERS
These are best made and eaten while still warm. They get a bit dry as they cool off. I recommend warming them about 10 seconds in the microwave to restore some of their texture.

AIR FRY
Air fry at 320F for approximately 12 minutes. I recommend checking these at the 8 minute mark. I haven't found the temperature of air fryers to be consistent across brands. Personally, I think they come out a little better when baked.

RECIPE
2 servings
Per Serving 161 cals | 5.3 F | 2.7 Sat Fat | 28.6 C | 8.9 F | 2.1 S | 14.1 P

1/2 cup (53g) Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Pancake mix
2 tbs (28g) Lily's Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips 
1 tbs (12g) Truvia Sweetener or Swerve 
1/4 cup (60 ml) Fairlife Vanilla Core Power Elite

Preheat oven to 400F. In a bowl combine pancake mix, chocolate chips and sweetener. Add the milk and stir until just combined. Spray 2 silicon muffin cup liners with cooking spray and divide the muffins between the liners. Bake 8-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Comments