Father's Day & Early Summer Recipe Line Up

Sunday is Father's Day and I've rounded up some of my family's favorite dishes. Most of them are lightened up but taste as good if not better than their full-fat counterparts. The recipes are divided into salads and mains. In the salad section are some great vegetarian options I include so my meatless guests have options. If you have meatless guests, I'd recommend including some BBQ Pulled Jackfruit, which I've added protein to in the form of shredded tempeh. The recipe is for enchiladas but you can serve the pulled jackfruit on hamburger buns. 

For vegan specific recipes, go to my main page and under "labels" [top right of page] select "vegan". 

SALADS

Basil Scented Pasta Salad

[Vegetarian if chicken is omitted.]

No Bake Pineapple + Cherries 

[Perfect for after dinner or between courses or as a poolside treat]


Summer Noodle Salad

[My family's favorite salad! Vegetarian.]


Trisha Yearwood's Broccoli Salad

[Vegetarian]
To make lighter: I use 40% avocado mayo + the rest as nonfat Greek yogurt. Used lower sugar dried cranberries [made by Ocean Spray] 



MAINS


Perfect Lamb Chops


RECIPE**:

  • Season both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes
  • Meanwhile, adjust oven racks to center and 2nd from the top position. Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
  • Using a meat probe, bake in a cast iron skillet, on the center rack, until chops reach 110 degrees F
  • Remove from oven and put on a plate, keeping the probe in the meat and rest 10 minutes
  • Meanwhile preheat broiler to high. 
  • Broil on 2nd rack from the top until meat reaches 125* F (medium rare), rest 10 minutes before serving
*I pull this 5 degrees before “doneness” because residential heat will bring this to the perfect doneness 
**You can grill these. Follow the same technique. 


Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

[Great if you don't have enough space on the grill for everything]






Comments

  1. The link for the Basic Scented Pasta Salad didn't work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apology. I've updated the link on this post and here it is also: https://njfoodventure.blogspot.com/2021/07/basil-scented-pasta-salad.html

      Delete

Post a Comment