{"S'mores"} My Saving Grace Late Night Sweet Snack



This is the sugar rush snack I eat and still manage to lose weight with. There are nights when I'm craving dessert or something sweet but my calories are almost used up, or my fat content is about to be maxed out. Until this recipe I would end up guzzling some herbal tea and heading to bed with an aching, hollowness in my stomach. Hunger makes me miserable and is a motivator to kick the diet and go back to happiness. That is until my saving grace sweet snack. I love the candy-like sweetness from the marshmallow fluff and the slightly bitter dark chocolate that clashes on my taste buds. This is a recipe that turns a desert diet into a valley of satisfaction. I ate this snack through the month of January and still lost 6 pounds. I am at my target weight and I still eat this snack because I like it. It doesn't feel like diet food. It feels like an indulgence but is not. 2 puffs are under 100 calories making this a must eat at any time of day!

There's no baking and only 3 ingredients are needed.  

RECIPE NOTES:
  • I use full fat, regular sugar chocolate syrup because I can taste the difference in lower sugar varieties and sometimes a negligible amount of something “real” is healthier and more satisfying than the alternative sweetener varieties sold.
  • Marshmallow fluff is cloyingly sweet but the chocolate cuts the candy-like flavor and curbs my sugar craving very effectively.
  • This is a big serving size and it’s ok to eat both pops.
  • If you can’t find Kim’s magic pop, you can substitute rice crackers. Your serving size of rice crackers should equal 30 calories.
  • Spray your tablespoon measuring spoon with cooking spray prior to scooping out the marshmallow fluff.
Makes 1 serving: 97 calories/0g fat/48g sodium/23.2g carbs/12g sugar

2 plain Kim’s Magic Pop cakes. (They're 15 calories per "cake")
-- You can find them here. Kim's has gluten free varieties as well and many flavors to choose from. 
2 T Marshmallow fluff (the brand I use has 40 calories for 2 T)
2 t Hershey chocolate syrup. (Has 45 calories per 1 T)

Put 2 pop cakes on a microwave safe plate. Top each cake with 1 T of marshmallow fluff. Microwave 10 seconds* to make the fluff spreadable. Spread the fluff to the edges of the cakes and top each cake with 1 t of Hershey chocolate syrup. Enjoy! 

*My microwave is 1000 watts. Decrease or increase the amount of time depending on your microwave's wattage.



Comments