Ten Minutes to Dinner - Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli

I initially hesitated to write this blog post because the recipe isn't some hard core, serious from scratch creation. Then I figured there's gotta be other people out there that are in the same boat I am. You know the drill. It's Monday evening, been a long day and now it's dinner time. The commute's been its usual over hour special (yup, the price we pay for being within minutes of Whole Foods, ShopRite, 5 malls and only 40 minutes from New York), but on the less than glamorous days, dinner is a chore for chumps.

And unlike weekdays, on Saturday morning I sip my cappuccino to the sound of Pioneer Woman's show unfolding. She says "I'm an accidental country girl living in the middle of nowhere and my recipes have to be approved by cowboys, hungry kids and me." I'd kill sometimes to be in the middle of nowhere and love Ree to pieces. In fact, on lots of Saturday mornings I'd love to be her. She has four kids, a rough and tumble cowboy husband, etc. Then I get real and I think about blazing Oklahoma summers and endless farm chores. Yea, I'm where I belong, five minutes from Whole Foods and Ulta, 10 minutes from Sephora and five minutes from the train to New York. I love my life and I love from scratch cooking. Yet, let's put the brakes on shall we? Who has time most days, weeks and months for stuff like pumpkin cinnamon rolls or your own chai tea latte spice mix from scratch? Tonight I dragged my buns home and got dinner on the table within 10 minutes. That includes the time it took to grab the ravioli out of the fridge, fill a pot with water and slice off a tablespoon of butter.

So here it goes - this recipe is to all you out there who are weary, need an evening nap but still care enough for something healthy that isn't take-out. This is delish, mouth watering and I really wish I made two servings.

RECIPE:
Servings: 1
Time to prepare: 10 minutes from fridge to plate

TIPS:
  • I think this would be good with a whole host of different ravioli. Plain cheese, spinach, etc. 
  • Can be easily doubled, tripled, etc.
  • Walnuts can be substituted for pecans.
  • 1/2 package = 1 serving
  • You can easily double or triple this recipe
1/2 package of fresh, honey roasted pumpkin ravioli (I used Trader Joes)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon chopped pecans (I measured mine before breaking with my fingers)
1 teaspoon Pecorino Romano cheese
Some parsley for garnish (totally not necessary)

In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Meanwhile preheat a medium skillet to medium heat. Chop your pecans and set aside. Slide your ravioli into the boiling water and reduce heat a little to simmer. Cook according to package directions. Mine took 2 1/2 mins. Meanwhile, melt the butter. Once melted add the pecans and toss to coat with butter. The butter and pecans will brown quickly (while the ravioli are boiling). Drain ravioli and add to the butter and pecans in skillet. Stir to coat ravioli (about 1 minute). Add ravioli to a plate and finish with a sprinkle of the Pecorino Romano cheese. Garnish with parsley if you want. 

Comments