Easy Baked Cinnamon Suger Donuts!

Earlier this week I purchased some super cheap donut pans from Amazon and couldn't wait to try them. I awakened this morning with a word floating through my mind. I saw it on a mug earlier this week and had flashbacks of a time and place. Have you ever had that happen? Where you see something and it brings everything from the past right into the present? The memories invaded my mind and had me reminiscing about a fabulous person. This recipe reminds me of a word that person used to always use - darling.

So today I decided I wouldn't do anything for work. I'd get up without an alarm, pad into my kitchen and transform those little cinnamon mini muffins into donuts. While they baked I'd brew up some super strong coffee, foam up some milk and make my own pumpkin spice latte. The freshly grated nutmeg combined with the hint of cinnamon sparked my senses and got me thinking of my dream to spend some solitary time writing stories in a room that overlooks a cobble stoned street. I love the architecture from the past; it solicits the imagination and brings me to another century, to endless possibilities that only a story can tell. 

While I sipped my mock latte and munched on these delicately moist donuts, I was happy, happy to recollect that not too long ago, someone used to call me her "dear, dear, dearest darling".  Aren't these donuts just darling? Now if only I could find a tea cup like this one!



TIP:
To store left over cinnamon & sugar, sift the mixture and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use if for tea, coffee or more donuts/muffins!

THE RECIPE:

Follow the recipe for "Cinnamon & Sugar Mini Muffins" but instead of making muffins, grease 12 donut forms (2 donuts tins) with butter. Pipe into donut forms by using a Ziploc bag (cut the tip of the bag off so it's the diameter of the donut form). Bake for 8 minutes or until they spring back when touched. Makes 12 donuts. 

Cool and dip in butter, then cinnamon & sugar mixture. 


Comments

Post a Comment