Food Can Launch Friendships

It was slightly muggy but still pleasant as I drove to Ginger N Olive last night. Exhausted from a long week, I was a bit apprehensive. Foodventure was kicking off its new season of tasting. I was worried the group wouldn't be what it was in the past. Despite some sleep deprivation, last night served me great food and wonderful people. As I drove home, I realized how far we've come and why I started Foodventure.

Last year, I found myself newly single. After a few months of dreadfully boring weekends, I was missing the dining out experience. On a whim, over memorial day weekend, I posted a dining out event in the New Jersey Young Professionals forum. 4 strangers and 2 friends arrived at Makeda and  Foodventure was formed.  The group brings people together and provides a predicable environment but not a predicable experience! The environment can be romantic, adventurous, thought provoking but most importantly - relationship building. After a 2 month break, our friendships are thriving. We've weathered break-ups, found new jobs, survived hurricanes and made new starts. In the end, it's not the food but the people that make the experience. But by the way - the food was darned good too!

You can find me on twitter: NJFoodventure. Tweet me if you want to join us.

Comments