Peanut Butter Cup "Protein" Smoothie

It's been one heck of a summer! I made a conscience decision to track my eating habits on fitnesspal and began a workout routine from FeFit. One of the biggest challenges I have in staying thin, is eating healthy on the go. Squeezing in a morning workout and making dinner after an exhausting day is difficult enough, so the question is: what can I make in advance and just grab/eat while commuting? A shake sounded like a good idea but they're super high in calories and require pricey and often chalky tasting protein powder - yuck! I introduce to you the best of all worlds, a high protein shake that tastes like my favorite candy (pst. peanut butter cups) but is actually low in sugar and carbs and has some fiber. Voila! Breakfast is served.



THE RECIPE:
2, 4 ounce servings
Calorie Content Below

Notes:

  • I make my shakes in a food processor b/c counter space is sparse and there's no room for a blender but either works!
  • You can make this the night before. Will keep 2 days in the refrigerator.
  • Really use chocolate syrup that's full fat - it'll give you more of a candy bar flavor
  • You can use regular peanut butter if you don't have PB2. The calorie content will change though.
  • PB2 is pretty reasonably priced at Target. You can also purchase on amazon.

8 ounces (1 cup) silken tofu (I used nasoya organic tofu)
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons PB2 Powder
2 artificial sweetener packets
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons chocolate syrup (the full fat variety preferred)
6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk

In a food processor or blender add everything but the almond milk. Blend for one minute or until smooth and combined. Slowly stream in the almond milk until the desired consistency is reached. Pour into 2, 4 ounce containers (I use mason jars) and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Nutrition:

Comments